Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Dressing of Dolls

There are some particular dolls I like called Ellowyne Wilde.  (These dolls are in the Wilde Imagination series, which is a division of Tonner.)  The Ellowyne dolls are beautiful, and so are their clothes, but the only problem is that the clothing is terribly expensive.  The dolls are, too, but I got all mine on sale for good prices.  If I could, I would get the outfits on sale, but they never go on sale.  Well, some do go on the End of Edition sale, but the prices are still ridiculously high.  So Mother and I decided to buy some patterns and make clothing for them:


Most of the clothing was made with Tyler Wentworth patterns.  The three long dresses and the plaid dress were made with the free "Robe Soleil" pattern by MHD Designs and all the T-shirts were made using the two free patterns from Liberty Jane.  I think that everything is just as good as the Ellowyne clothing one can buy for 100 dollars.  Mother is a bit more critical, but she knows I think they're practically perfect, and that makes her happy.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful clothing janet you and your mom did a excellent job xo grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet--those are gorgeous! You can sew so well. I wish you'd teach me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing a beautiful job. What a wonderful way to spend a great time with Mom and have fun and learn to sew. Hugs to you Chris Boling

    ReplyDelete